"It was important for us to find a platform that could showcase the diverse range of content we hold in a way that is easily searchable, makes the most of the rich material and is easy for our team to maintain and update. Quartex allows us to do all of that."Ashley Todd-Diaz, Assistant University Librarian for Special Collections & University Archives, Towson University
Your library’s digitized materials and special collections are a unique resource that should be engaging, accessible, and always available to the many user groups within your community, whether leadership, faculty, students, or private researchers.
Showcase your digitized collections in a way that unlocks their full research value and promotes user experience:
- Engage your user community with visually dynamic digital collections sites
- Test the power of HTR Transcription to enhance site search in a standalone collection that majors on manuscript content
- Unite institutional archives and special collections in one purpose-built platform
- Collaborate across campus to uncover and showcase archival collections with untapped research potential
- Ease users into collections through individually curated digital exhibits
- Enable users to bookmark assets for easy reference with My Account
- Promote discovery and access with powerful search and display features
"It’s a testament to the usability of ... Quartex that, just by watching a few tutorials and reading a little bit of documentation, we were able to take off and run, and make that site look as good as it looks today."Darryl Stuhr, Director for Digitization and Digital Preservation Services, Baylor University
A platform you can trust, from an award-winning digital publisher
Quartex is a flexible platform, powerful yet deceptively simple to use, and built to flex and grow as your digital collections grow and evolve.
After all, it’s in our heritage. Adam Matthew Digital developed Quartex to host and optimize our own digital collections of primary source material. We believe in our platform and are building our own future upon it, and we want to help you build yours, using Quartex.
Right from the start, we work alongside you as a trusted partner, developing both your collections and our platform to help you serve and grow your user community.
- Easily ingest and manage assets and metadata with Quartex Uploader and powerful batch editing functionality
- Customizable workflows, metadata schemas, and Controlled Vocabularies
- One-stop-shop for transcription, with editable, fully searchable transcripts of all manuscript, printed text, and audio-visual assets generated in-platform with a single click
- Easy to configure and use – no specialist IT knowledge required
- Cloud-based, fully hosted platform; accessible from anywhere, on any device, enabling remote working by multiple team members
Harnessing Handwritten Text Recognition to improve access and discovery across digital collectionsThe correspondence of Elizabeth Barrett and Robert Browning is presented in The Browning Letters collection by Baylor University Libraries, which has been the subject of a manual transcription programme running over many years. The Library team is exploring the use of HTR technology in Quartex as part of a project to establish an efficient workflow to deliver accurate transcriptions of these letters.
Optimizing Access and Discovery in an Evolving Technological LandscapeThe team at McGill University Library has evaluated the long-term role of HTR Transcription in unlocking the search potential of archival manuscript materials. Watch this webinar to gain a deeper insight into the technology's real-world application, and evaluate its role in the development and enhancement of efficient transcription workflows for manuscript collections.
Amplifying AV and Digital Collections across campusNew technology creates new opportunities for engagement. In 2020, the Albert S. Cook Library at Towson University relaunched its digital collections on the Quartex platform with unexpected benefits in terms of cross-campus collaboration. Watch this session from CILConnect 2022 to learn how to deepen your impact by creating partnerships across your community and identify ways to garner support for digital collections from multiple partners.