"We could see immediately that Quartex was going to be easier to work with, could facilitate how we use our digital collections, and that it would be really easy to create a website that was a destination and not just an envelope around our digital collections."Steven Giese, Digital Projects Librarian, Des Plaines Public Library
As a cultural lifeline for your community, you have a vital role to play in fulfilling many of the cultural and pastoral needs of the people you serve.
Your repository documents lives, places, and cultures. It’s vital that these treasures are preserved but not hidden, and it’s increasingly important that your user community can access, study, and enjoy these treasures digitally, as easily as they can in person.
Quartex allows you to create and publish individual digital collections and build more at scale. Launch your site with a single collection that celebrates a significant local milestone, or release a suite of cultural heritage collections that showcase your community’s past and actively engage contributors in documenting its present.
- Engage your community with visually dynamic digital collections sites
- Celebrate community milestones and events with individually curated digital exhibits
- Invite user contributions of facts, memories, and digitized assets to create and publish living archives
- Collect and showcase oral histories with automatic, editable, and fully searchable transcriptions and closed captions
- Enable users to bookmark assets to share with friends and family with My Account
- Promote discovery and access with powerful search and display features
"I’m just really excited by all the opportunities created by having a really full and robust website, as well as a highly discoverable, easy to put together, digital asset management system."Steven Giese, Digital Projects Librarian, Des Plaines Public Library
"With Quartex, all of our local digital projects (including digitized archival and special collections materials, our local databases, and the various collections from our partner organizations) can finally be in one place and that has been our goal for many years."Geoffrey Skinner, Cataloging and Metadata Supervising Librarian, Sonoma County Library
Create a destination, not just a digital collection
Quartex offers you much more than a website for your digital collections. It offers you an engagement tool that will bring what you do closer to the people you serve.
Public Libraries, Museums, and Archives are using Quartex in creative ways to open meaningful dialogues with their communities and explore what it really means to be a citizen and observer of our modern world. Some of the collections they have launched are award-winning, due to these repositories’ success in engaging their communities and contributing to a sense of place to which they all belong.
- Easily ingest and manage assets and metadata with Quartex Uploader and powerful batch editing functionality
- Customizable workflows, metadata schemas, and Controlled Vocabularies
- One-stop-shop for transcription, with editable, fully searchable transcripts of all manuscript, printed text, and audio-visual assets generated in-platform with a single click
- Easy to configure and use – no specialist IT knowledge required
- Cloud-based, fully hosted platform; accessible from anywhere, on any device, enabling remote working by multiple team members
Why digital archives matter